Tuesday 31 July 2007

Comfortably numb

Despite feeling a bit pants on thursday I enjoyed the scissor sisters. They have lots of sequins, energy and sparkles, and wall to wall lesbians - well practically. The only problem was that the sound wasn't great. Not sure if it was them or the new venue the O2. It seems a good venue though, if a bit packed. We enjoyed a couple of martini cocktails on the beach but all the food places were really busy and the tube station was a nightmare to get into afterwards.

Friday, I was more than a little weary and was even worried that I had enough energy to go to my family lesbo 60th. I needn't have worried though. A few drinks later I was showing them all the finer points of line dancing - well I would have if I'd have been able to remember a single step. I don't think they'll be relying on me for lessons.

Saturday I went with my sister to see Harry Potter again - she hadn't seen it - and then headed down to Whitstable en famille for the final weekend of the Oyster festival. Highlights were the fireworks in the rain, The mud tug in the freezing winds and my very interesting burn marks after walking to Herne bay and back when summer finally started. I love it and am very sad to be back today.

No comments: