Monday 7 April 2008

opulence and indulgence

Last night I went to Claridges - ooh get me - for my friend's 40th. We had the chef's table and had a brilliant time. The restaurant itself has quite a somber atmosphere but it couldn't be any different in the kitchen.

We sat in a booth, a bit like being in a dinner and had views through to the main kitchen and the pastry kitchen. It runs like a well oiled machine and there were no tempers flaring or people flapping. I was very impressed.

We got a chance to try some cooking - of our own food I hasten to add, and each of the 8 courses was a new delight. I think I have now had the best tasting kidneys in the world and carrot salad was also surprisingly to die for.

We sampled many interesting wines - Luxembourg (who knew) and were all a little tipsy and more boisterous by the end.

To top it all, we have a limousine home. Top night.

No comments: