Wednesday 1 July 2009

Edinburgh rocks

I spent last weekend in Edinburgh. Town of extreme weather and a haar at the drop of a hat. It was nice to go back to the familiar - Royal Mile - but also to see some new things - we stayed in Broughton, and walked to Leith to see the Royal Yacht Britannia.

I rediscovered my love for fudge, tried tablet and Edinburgh rock (I don't normally have such a sweet tooth, honest!)

I also discovered that it was pride weekend. Turning up for the march 15 minutes late (I have never known a pride start on time) we discovered a small patch of ground with leaflets and balloons on. It had been, gone, and was nowhere to be seen.

We made up for this with some post pride bar hopping and also bumped into the other parade of the day - forces day - luckily we did not get the two confused.

No comments: