Wednesday 11 November 2009

Halloween spookiness

Punchdrunk did themselves proud again on Halloween in Holland Park. A big fan of their's I was very quick off the mark when it can to get tickets, and we turned up at the gates with our pumpkin lights and masks at twilight.

Inside were paths lit with pumpkin lights, a treasure trail and a spooky fair. In punchdrunk style at one point my friends and I were dragged off to look at the moon, sung too, and then I was taken to see a man about signing my soul away to the devil for 7 years of wine. Of course I obliged!

We finished this off with the late night Halloween gig at the Miller. Everyone was dressed up. I think the man dressed as a robot was regretting it. Most of the bands were quite rubbish but funny. There was spooky burlesque, involving a tampon; The Reverend, a performance poet; and a band called Slapper - with a Freddie Mercury lookalikey with a sparkly moustache, leather apron and nipple accessories. It was a sight for sore eyes indeed.

No comments: