Saturday 15 December 2007

Busy week

Went off to see the Manic Street Preachers on Wednesday, via our favourite Brixton pub the Far Side. After bad days all round we got a bit tipsy which I think helped. The Manics were flawless and professional but I think ATP has ruined me a bit. There was no raw passion. It was more like a damp squib.

Afterwards we found a new pub down a side street, I couldn't tell you what it was called, but I could take you there! It was quite small, quite camp and definitely a good find. I do enjoy Brixton drinking. There is always something interesting going on.

Thursday I had my work Christmas do which was an opportunity to try out the food in the Dartmouth Arms. http://www.thedartmoutharms.com/. I wasn't disappointed as the food was lovely. A good time was had by all and I ended up asleep on the sofa watching re runs of neighbours! I was just tired honest.

Last night I went to the ballet to see the Snow Queen. Having once been in the Snow Queen play at school as the grandmother ( a very important part don't you know), I thought I would be clued up on what was going on. I am definitely losing brain cells as I was trying hard to remember the plot, and was a bit disturbed that I had always though Kay and Gerda were brother and sister, not lovers. Anyway it was lovely, although I was a little tired and enjoyed my hot chocolate on the train home far more than I should do at my age.

Today I'm off to town for the Frost Fair and the Louise Bourgeois exhibition
http://www.visitsouthwark.com/banksidefrostfair2007
http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/louisebourgeois/default.shtm
and then meeting friends for drinks.

Tomorrow I'm off to Brighton to see the Kasier Chiefs. Its all go...

No comments: