Tuesday 24 March 2009

Blogs don't fool me...

...said the wonderfully animated lecturer who took my Saturday course on 'The Wisdom of the Fool'. I am not sure how he would feel about me blogging about him but I will say that it was an interesting and illuminating day.

I have left with the feeling that I am not, in actual fact brain dead, I have a reading list as long as my arm, and a desire to find out some more about the courses Ken Rees teaches.

The day spent some time looking at the traditional fool in the courts of kings, the village idiot, the fool in tarot, the modern day fool (those of a comedic nature), the fool in myth and the holy fool.

I have never been on a course which included spontaneous singing and had we been more organised (which was against the spirit of the day) I'm sure we could have fit some juggling in there also. All in all a very strange, and very good day.

I finished off my foolish day with the 13th to 15th century paintings in the National Gallery. I was hoping for more myth and less religion to round off my experience, but then there's no fool like a hopeful fool.

No comments: