Friday 13 March 2009

Bongo Mangos or something like that

I described them as this for a week before we actually went to the Dirty South last Friday (sorry, slacking on the write up this week).

They are actually called Los Mondo Bongos and consisted of Mike Peters (the Alarm), Pablo Cook & Smiley (Mescaleros) / Derek Forbes (Simple Minds) and Steve Harris (Gary Numan). They were quite entertaining for Friday night down the pub and I liked the pub itself and was ashamed I had not managed to make it there sooner. I should start a new campaign to drink local - maybe I need some help from the Man from Catford on this.

The support band were the recommended Penny Black Remedy. I thought they were interesting and the cowboy style boy and the gypsy style girl made an interesting mix. My only complaint is that there set wasn't long enough.

All in all a good night. I thought I had pulled at the end of it, but that's a different story...

No comments: