Friday 15 May 2009

Burlesque has left the building

The lack of crowds at Koko gave the impression that the popularity of burlesque has passed. That's fine by me! I could actually see the stage, Immodesty Blaize looked in the best form I had ever seen her and the crowd that were there loved it.

Marc Almond seems to be growing down, rather than up. He looked really young, apart from a few dodgy gold teeth. I still find it really odd though that he can sing now. I was a bit soft cell fan in my youth.

Julian Clary was a good host. I think he may be getting on a bit though for the corset he put on later on. It was a bit of a sight. Sorry Julian, not that I am expecting him to read this, but I really do think he is fab.

One of my favourite acts were the 3 blokes, who were dressed up to look as if they had all walked out of the Zoolander film, doing mad, slightly suggestive dancing, a la flash dance. I was still laughing the next day.

No comments: