Friday 15 May 2009

Sisterwrites

I stayed close to home last night to see the showcase at Lewisham Library of 5 lesbian writers. Its the first time I have been to a library event and I really enjoyed it.

VG Lee was the only author I had heard of. In fact I own a copy of her novel Woman in Beige, which is hilarious. She was telling us that she has started a new career as a stand up comedian. Good on her, she is a much braver person than me. I will be going to see her next gig to offer my moral support.

The other person who stood out was Kate Foley. She looked like a woman who had a few interesting tales to tell. Now living in Amsterdam, her new novella in prose is set there, and after hearing her read a few excerpts I just had to buy it, and get it signed of course. My friend said I went all shy and girly, for shame...

No comments: