Thursday 24 May 2007

Blackpool rocks

Its been a while as I have been gallivanting up north for Blackpool Pride. I haven't been there in a good few years and it hasn't got any less tacky, marvellous, and made all the better by drag queens and a visible presence of the gay community. Its a bit smaller than the prides I am used to but was perfectly formed.

It was a very blustery day but on the pier there was a greenhouse type sun trap and we enjoyed lots of beers and good music whilst eyeing up the local talent.

My mate hosted the day and did a show wearing a spectacular coat which made him look a bit like Joseph (www.jamiewatson.co.uk/) we also pogoed to Toyah and ran away from the very popular Eton Road.

Back to reality, the sale of my flat has fallen through so back to the drawing board. I am about to show some people round in a minute so fingers crossed. Can't believe I was hoping to move this weekend.

Ah well, am trying not to take it to badly and think about Berlin next weekend instead.


No comments: