Thursday 10 May 2007

Venting my spleen

Last night I arranged with some friends to go to The Black Sheep Bar for Comedy Camp. I was feeling a bit knackered but was looking forward to sitting back and relaxing for a laugh and a few beevies.

Anyway, after a nice meal and a chat in Wagamamas we headed down there only to be turned away at the door. Apparently, it is now members only and as we didn't walk around with our passports we weren't allowed in. Now, the Black Sheep bar is pretty much Croydon's only gay space at the moment, although it is fairly mixed on the Wednesday's in question, and normally fairly quiet. Definitely not the kind of night you can afford to turn people away from. And I feel sorry for the cabaret act who may have to play to an empty room. Anyway, I have emailed them and had my rant so shall desist here.

Instead we went to the Green Dragon and listened to some good folk music by somebody Longfellow and then to our favourite local for a final drink. It was a good night but not what we had planned.

I fell asleep trying to watch another episode of 24 before I went to bed.

Well, its aqua aerobics tonight. After months of inertia my friends are I are trying a different pool in the hope that the instructor is less useless. Am not feeling energetic at all!

No comments: